WHAT WE LOVE:
Built in 1890, this quaint little church has been fully renovated into a chic country cottage. Approximately a 40-minute drive from Launceston in the middle of the Tamar Valley, it’s blissfully quiet and ideal for those who have complete relaxation on the agenda.
Cook up a hearty breakfast in the chic country kitchen. Enjoy a cuppa on the porch and take in the serenity of the surrounding landscape. Crack open a bottle of red and stay cosy by the fireplace.
Set out and explore the local food and wine region with a self-drive day trip. 10-minutes down the road you’ll find Glengarry Bush Maze and tearooms, a unique hedge maze set amongst natural Tasmanian bush. With some of the finest cool-climate wines in the world in your vicinity, be sure to pop in to the local cellar doors and sample the valley’s delectable produce along the way.
Head to Beauty Point (25-minute drive) where you’ll find the award-winning Seahorse World and Platypus House – a sure hit for those travelling with kids. Check out historic George Town, one of the first Australian settlements. Stop off at the Hillwood Strawberry Farm where you can pick your own berries.
HOME TRUTH: This is a rural property and sometimes power outages can occur during severe storms and is outside of our control - however we have found its only for a few minutes, then its back on again. Should this be a concern this may not be the property for you.
- NO dishwasher
- NO oven BUT there are CONVECTION OVEN AND FOUR BURNER COOKTOP
- NO clothes dryer BUT there are CLOTHES DRYING RACK
- Please note there is strictly no parties/ gatherings at this property
- This property is not suitable for groups under the age of 25 years. If you think you and your group are suitable please contact us directly.
- L'Abode Accommodation reserves the right to decline any bookings should we think the property will be misused in any way.
- Please be mindful of our neighbours and keep noise to a minimum after 10pm.
Thank you in advance for respecting the above.
Bed 1 (Loft): 1 x Queen Bed & 2 x Singles (Can convert to King Bed)
Bed 2 Downstairs): 1 x Queen Bed & 2 x Singles (Can convert to King Bed)
Max 8 guests
1 Bathroom with clawfoot bath
FAB FEATURES FILE:
- 2 x Parking (Garage)
- Gas stove
- Gas log fireplace
- Fully fenced backyard
- Washing machine
- We do our best to attend to all maintenance issues as and when we are notified during typical work hours. However,
- We note that during the following days and times, we will not be able to confirm any type of callout:
Weekends (Fridays 4pm - Monday 10am)
Outside work hours (after 4:00 pm - before 9 am Monday-Friday )
- We will do our best to respond to all request of repairs within 24 hours and organise a tradesperson within work hours.
- We will not compensate any guests who request repairs/callouts during the above timeframes as it is very difficult to source tradespeople during the above mentioned hours.